The HWVA are keen to update their membership renewal to make the process more efficient. This new system will require members to register on the HWVA website. However, this only requires you to add your contact information and the method by which you will be paying, it does not require you to pay online. This system will also enable members to update any changes in their details such as change of address just by logging in to their account where they can alter their details. When renewal is due we will be able to send out email reminder(s).
This system is easy to use and we hope the vast majority of members will use it. However, if you really don’t want to, you can still use the paper version of the membership renewal and send it to us – this should also be completed by people currently paying by standing order who don’t want to register on the website.
How the process works for people using the system for the first time, including new members
- Visit the membership page on the website: www.hwva.org.uk/membership this can also be found via links from the website. Find the relevant membership for you and either click on the “Add to basket” button below it or click on the membership type where it will give you a little more information on the membership. From this page you will also be able to add this membership to your basket using the button.
- When you have add a membership to your basket you will be taken straight to the “basket” page.
- If you need to add a “Breeder Scheme” membership click on the button “Continue Shopping” on the basket page to return to the Membership page where you can also add this to the basket in the same way as above. (Please note you must have been a member of the HWVA for a year to join this scheme).
- When you have the membership options you need in your basket you can click the button to “Proceed to Checkout”
- On the checkout page you will need to fill in your name (for joint memberships add add both names in the relevant fields), email address, phone number and address. You need to also select whether you are renewing a membership or applying for a new membership. You also need to add a username and password to enable to login to your account in the future.
- Select the payment method you will be using. For anyone wanting to set up a regular payment with their bank email the membership secretary firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Read through the terms and conditions which you can view by clicking on the link at the bottom of the checkout page and select that you have read and accept the terms and conditions of membership.
- Click the “place order” button.
- You will automatically be redirected to a page notifying you that your order has been placed and the order details, and you will be given the necessary bank details if you are paying by bank transfer.
- You will receive an email confirming you have set up an account on the HWVA website.
- You will receive another email telling you your order is on hold until payment is confirmed.
- Once we have confirmed we have received payment you will receive an email saying your order is complete.
For renewals of membership once you are registered on the website
You will receive a reminder just before renewals are due to ask you to apply for the following years membership.
- Either follow the instructions above until you reach the checkout page. At the top of the page you will be asked if you are a returning customer. At this point you will be able to login before processing the order. Please don’t set up a duplicate account if you have forgotten your details, there is an option to state if you have lost your password.
- Or login first to your account via www.hwva.org.uk/my-account and then add the membership to your basket where it will already have your details.