It was a pleasure to judge at this friendly Club show. JD. (9,2). 1. Moss Helios Sol at Ewtor. Lovely shape and balance. Liked his head and expression. Strong neck, good topline and depth and is well boned. Excellent coat texture. Sound driving movement. 2. Spillane Belatarr Jupiter. Balanced head, clean neck fitting into a well laid shoulder. Tight elbows. Good depth. Plenty of substance combined with quality. Moved on a reachy stride. Good coat texture. Close up to winner. 3. Gray Fassfield Silver Lining. YD. (4,1). 1. Newman’s, Zoldmali Szeles Morganna. RCC. Lovely balanced shape. Typy head with correct ear set. Clean neck fitting into well laid shoulder giving good return of upperarm. Correct height to length ratio. He has depth and is well ribbed back leading into a short loin. Well muscled quarters. Moved on a reachy strong stride. Wiry coat. 2. Fassfield Silver Lining. Lighter in build than winner. Well furnished head. Good in neck, length of rib and topline. Shapely quarters. 3. Davidson’s, Gingerwire My Kinda Hero. GD. (5,1). 1. Hibbert Ewtor Skyfall at Mindszenty. Excellent type and quality. Liked his size. Super head, good ear set. Strong neck into shoulders. Firm topline and good length of rib. Shapely quarters. Moved on a reachy driving stride. Good coat and colour. 2. Fassfields Silver Lining. 3. Walker Zoldmali Story of Lanokk. PGD. (6,2). 1. McNeil Auchinner Fionne. Nice type. Moderately sized with a dark russet coat. Pleasing head and expression, good ear set. Strong neck, good legs and feet. Positive movement. 2. Gower’s, Fassfields Fame and Fortune. Pleasing shape. Masculine head. Strong neck. Firm topline and quarters. Moved on a steady stride. 3. Smith’s, Indreil Faramir. LD.(5,1). 1. Byrne’s Aldozovogyl-Drotos Nador at Enryb. Lovely quality dog. Masculine head. Arched neck, plenty of forechest and depth of brisket. Strong loin. Moved on a ong free stride. Wiry coat. 2. Collier’s, Belatarr North by Northwest. Good head shape. Clean neck and well laid shoulders and is well ribbed back. Moved on a sound stride. Not as good in coat as winner. 3. Howard’s, Lanokk Szivos. OD. (5,1). 1. Aldridge Gwaithmaes Shamless. CC. Lovely typy dog who has oddles of quality. Ticked all the right boxes. Well shaped head with dark eye. Good neck, shoulders and topline. Hars coat. Moved on a sound driving stride. 2. Upton’s, Sh Ch. Tragus Fox Appeal. Medium sized dog who presented a pleasing picture. Excellent head of correct shape and balance. Strong neck and well laid shoulders. Well sprung ribs of good length. Good topline and tail set. Moved on a ground covering stride. 3. Spillane Belatart Charlie Parker. VD. (2). 1. Lawson and Wright’s, Riannor Oszkar. Splendid veteran. Pleasing headm eye colour commensurate with coat colour. Good balanced all through with moderation. Plenty of bone and substance but not coarse. Moved on an easy stride. Wiry coat. 2. Allison Monkstrod Hornet. Smaller dog. Pleasing outline and proportions. Well firnished head. Good texture to coat. Good rear angulation with a moderate stifle. Steady on the move. MPB. (1). 1. Aldridge Gwaithmaes Aoife. 6 months old baby. Lovely feminine head. Good neck, front and feet. Moderate stifle. Held her topline. Very promising. PB. (3,1). 1. Byrne Aldozovolgyl-Drotos Nyuzsgo. Super puppy of lovely type and quality. Loved her shape, everything fitting togther and presenting a balanced picture. Good coat and colour. Very free on the move. BPIS. 2. Bendikas Holsan Electra. Well balanced. Good head with breadth of skull and slight stop. Clean neck and shoulder. Enough depth of brisket. Strong topline and well made quarters. Moved well both up and down in profile. JB. (10,1). 1. Aldozovolgyl Drotos Nyuzsgo. 2. Upton Tragus Honey Bee. She has excellent proportions and is a lovely type and size. Feminine head, strong neck, good ribbing, topline, croup and tail set. Moderate all through. 3. Lawson and Wright’s, Leiborschy Allium for Riannor. YB. (3). 1. Sweeney Redrafi Ol Tukai. This bitch has plenty of breed attributes and is a lovely shape. Balanced head with a good earset, strong legs and feet. She has depth and is well ribbed back, shapely quarters. Excellent coat texture. Moved on a reachy, driving stride. 2 McNeill’s Fassfields Pride Rock. pleasing and feminine head and expression, firm topline and moderate bend of stifle. Free mover. 3 Johnson’s Miadsc Eternal Star. gb (2,1) 1 Issitt’s canterwey Coree at forgun. Pleasing colour. Balanced and feminine head with good eye colour. Strong neck, has depth and a good top and underline, well muscled quarters. moved on a sound and free stride. PGB (7,2) 1 Quigley, Day and piper’s Leiborschy Give A Tuppence with Swyndwr. Pleasing bitch who is typy and balanced. Has strength combined with femininity. Excellent head and eye, good front and feet. Good forechest and depth of brisket, firm topline and balanced quarters. Easy movement. 2 Bendikas’ Holsan Wirestone from morganna. Well balanced all through. Excellent head and expression, well laid shoulders but would prefer more length of upperarm. free movement. 3 Jameson and Waite’s Blamtinever Bloomer. LB (3) 1 edminson’s Kisdon’s Custom Made. Res CC. Lovely bitch who is so typy and balanced. Appealing and well furnished head, clean eyes. Well laid shoulders, good length of upperarm, well ribbed back with a strong topline held on the move. Well angled and muscled quarters. moved on a ground covering stride. Should make up. 2. Upton Tragus Foxy Lady. Another very lovely bitch who was close up to winner. Excellent type and quality. Just not as positive in hind movement as winner. 3. Walker’s, Zoldmali Kefir of Lanokk. OB. (2). 1. Newman Ch Morganna Star Anise. CC and BIS. Super quality girl. Nothing exaggerated and is so well balanced. Excellent head and expression. Clean in neck and shoulder with good return of upperarm. Well ribbed with a short loin and slight tuck up. Well muscled quarters with defined second thigh and well let down hocks. Wiry coat. Moved on a positive reachy stride. 2. Wollfenden Majestic Lady. Cast in a smaller mould than winner. Pretty head, good neck, depth and held her topline. Needs more stength in her rear. Easy mover. Vet B (5) 1 Aldridge’s Ginger Lillie Around Oakberrow. BVIS. Scopey bitch who has a feminine head with a lovely expression, good legs and feet. Has depth and strength in her topline, shapely quarters. moved out on a reachy, driving stride. 2 Wearing’s Zoldmali Ubrez at Genlusa. Smaller than the winner. Pretty head, good neck, slightly short in rib, good feet. moved on a sound and free stride. 3 Johnson’s Blamtrinever Dancing Queen. SWB (2) 1 Wearing’s Zoldmali Anizs at Genlusa. Quite an athletic bitch of lovely size. Very sound all through. 2 Johnson’s Blamtrinever Dancing Queen. Smaller in build and slightly shorter in body. Moved very smoothly.
Sandra M Marshall
HUNGARIAN WIREHAIRED VIZSLA SPECIAL CLASSES – Bitches
I would like first to thank the HWVA for inviting me to judge the Special Classes (Bitches) at this 2018 Championship Show and the steward Sarah for her skill and patience. I also thank each of you who entered under me, it is always an honour to have the support of your peers.
I was pleased to find mouths and feet were all of a good standard, and that coats were more uniform than I have ever seen them.
I also found some dogs were quite narrow; the chest is the engine room of the dog and needs to have width and depth, heart and lung room. The most noticable issue throughout the day was the proliferation of poor tailsets, the tail should be an extension of the spine, giving the correct outline to the dog, not something that gives the appearance of being added later.
I was looking for a moderate dog throughout, well balanced and workmanlike, and without any exaggeration.
Junior Bitch (5/1)
(1)Y. Aldridge Gwaithmaes Aoife, 7 month pup exactly right for her age, typical head with already darkening almond eyes, good bone, Good width to chest, strong neck into well laid shoulders, correct angulation front and rear, moved well with balance. She behaved impeccably for her first Champ. show, a star in the making.
(2) J Byrne Aldozovolgyi Drotos Nyuzsgo at Enryb (imp) 11 month pup, very nice head, correct outline, good for width and depth of chest, longer in profile than 1, good topline, correct rear angulation and tailset. Moved well but elbows not as tight as required.
Post Graduate Bitch (4/0 )
(1) J Sweeney Redrafi ol Tukai, 13 month junior coming along nicely, a little unsettled today but did enough. Lovely outline, correct size, strong neck into well laid shoulder, slight tuck and strong at the loin. Correct tailset and moderate rear angulation completed the picture. Superb double coat with correct furnishings, just a touch wide at the front, but elbows still tight. The best movement and balance in the class
(2) S Newman Lanokk Violeska 3yr old, Nice all round, a little longer in body than 1, determined expression but eyes not as harmonious as I would like. Deep chest, correct width, strong to the rear good double thigh, but a little high in the stack, spoiling the outline. Moved out well.
(3) LC Jameson & J Waites Blamtriniver Bloomer 2 yr old. Very similar in type to 2, good neck and chest, wider in front, longer and leaner, hocks not as straight as I would like. Moved cleanly.
Open Bitch ( 4/0 )
(1) D Wearing Zoldmali Anizs at Genlusa 4.5 years old Correct width and length, nice eye and head, well laid shoulders, good topline with correct tailset, well muscled throughout. Nice angulation leading to the best of balanced movements, moved out well with purpose.
(2) D Wearing Zoldmali Ubrez at Genlusa 9 year old veteran Good type, similar to 1, still straight and balanced, strong at the neck and shoulders, very nice angulation front and rear, straight topline, good double thigh, well balanced on the move, looks much better when she lifts her head!
Debra Revell (Judge)
HUNGARIAN WIREHAIRED VIZSLA SPECIAL CLASSES – Dogs
Many thanks to the committee for inviting me to judge at this very well-run show at a lovely venue, where even the weather was kind to us. Special thanks to my very efficient steward Sarah for her help, and particularly to the exhibitors for their entry. I hope none of you suffered from the heat, some of the dogs seemed a bit lethargic because of it, and some movement was very “sloppy”.
The lack of docking emphasized some very poor tail carriages which ruins the outline particularly on the move, in some cases the set was also too high. Flagpoles are not easy to breed out once established and do seem to be becoming much more prevalent. Coats varied a little but most were of a good wire texture. Thankfully all my exhibits were of a reasonable size.
Special Award Junior Dog (4)
- Gray and Riley’s FASSFIELDS SILVER LINING 14 month old young man with coat of a good wire texture and pleasing colour. Rather proud of his tail on the move, sound positive movement covering the ground well. Balanced in body with nice prominent breast bone and good depth of brisket. Well off for bone with straight front legs and tight feet, strong hindquarters to compliment the front. Should have a bright future.
- Moss’ HELIOS SOL AT EWTOR Pleasantly surprised by this 17 month old who is shaping up into a decent adult. Kind expressive head with good furnishings and clean ears. Profuse coat of correct harsh wire texture covering balanced body with good front assembly, good turn of stifle to rear and well developed second thigh. Sound in movement but needs to tighten in front, will take time to come together.
- Thomas’ HOSOKTER TOMPA The baby of the class at just over 1 year and had to give way to the more mature first two dogs. Soundly constructed with correct angulation to body, pleasing head. A little untidy in movement but in profile had a good length of stride and held his topline.
Special Post Graduate Dog (6, 2 abs)
- Howards ZOLDMALI U R SPECIAL (IMP HUN) He is a dog of ideal size with a super tight wire coat of rich red colour. Balanced in outline slightly longer than high with a good front and elbows close to body correct rear angulation. A lovely head, dark oval eyes with soft kind expression. Moved soundly fore and aft, with easy ground covering profile gait
- Hibbert’s EWTOR SKYFALL AT MINDSZENTY Paler golden sand colour with harsh wire coat texture and kind head with soft expression. Strong bone, plenty of depth to brisket and good forchest. Moderate angulation both ends. Moved soundly and steadily.
- Smith’s INDRIEL FARAMIR Heavier dog all round compared to first two, with tremendous depth to body. Well off for bone, with good straight legs, good rear angulation. Covered plenty of ground on the move.
Special Open Dog (3)
- Allison’s NAPVIRAG DOLGOS ARLO (imp) Won this class on his outstanding movement. Absolutely sound viewed from every angle with footfall fore and aft totally true. Ground covering side gait which appeared effortless and economical with good forward extention driving from strong hind quarters, looked like he could keep it up all day. Good wire texture to his rich red jacket, kind head of correct proportions with dark eyes and nicely held ears. Balanced throughout with correct construction. Sympathetically handled to bring out the best in him.
- Newman’s ZOLDMALI SZELES MORGANNA (Imp) On entering the ring I thought he would have been my winner but threw it away on the move as he had that “done my bit and had enough” attitude. An excellent example of the breed, moderation in all departments and loads of breed type. Balanced outline, correct slope to shoulders, excellent depth and forechest. Ribbing carried well back to short strong loin, nicely rounded well muscled quarters with good turn of stifle and well developed second thigh. Tail set on and carried correctly. Typical head with kind expression, wide nostrils and correct dentition. Such a shame he didn’t move as I know he can – still another day maybe?
- Howard’s LANOKK SZIVOS Dog of good make and shape with a decent wire jacket, good head and expression who moved well enough if a little proud of his tail. Unlucky to be in the company of two other cracking dogs.
ILEX E WHITING (JUDGE)