1) Members will consider the welfare of their dogs and the benefit to the breed above any personal gain or profit and will take responsibility for any dogs they own or breed.
2) Members will only breed from Hungarian Wirehaired Vizslas of sound temperament, which show natural ability and will always strive to produce Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla conforming to the standards as published by the Kennel Club.
3) Members will not knowingly allow their stud dogs to serve bitches of less than (2) two years of age, or who will whelp over the age of (8) eight years. Neither dogs nor bitches in poor health, of unsound temperament or with any serious or hereditary disease will be used for breeding.
4) Stud dog owners will use their discretion as to the number and suitability of bitches covered each year.
5) Members will not allow their bitches to whelp more than once in every (12) twelve months, or before (2) two years of age, or to whelp over the age of (8) eight years. A bitch will not have more than (4) four litters during her lifetime or be mated before (2) two years of age.
6) Members will ensure that any stock from which they breed shall be registered with the Kennel Club, in accordance with the rules in force at the time.
7) Members will not, when advertising, knowingly misrepresent themselves or their stock and will deal only in an open and honest manner with the clients, who shall be advised of any fault that the dog may have. Clients buying the stock shall be encouraged to present the dog to a veterinary surgeon within (10) ten days of purchase. Should the veterinary surgeon at such examination, advise that the dog is not in good health, members will verify the opinion, take back the dog and refund the purchase price.
8) Members will take advantage of all relevant official schemes devised to test the health and soundness of their dogs.
9) Members will test their breeding stock for HUU and will not mate an HUU affected dog/bitch to an HUU affected dog/bitch and will only mate HUU affected stock to clear stock.
10) Members will report any occurrence of illness or disease which may have long term consequences for the breed, to the Breed Health coordinator Any dogs suffering from any serious or hereditary disease which may have long term consequences for the breed should also be removed from any breeding programme
11) Owners and breeders are encouraged to actively support any bona fide research programme specific to the Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla.
12) Members will, when engaged in events with their dogs, conduct themselves in such a way as to not bring discredit to the breed or Association and will demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times.