The HWVA is an association run by a democratically elected committee, to serve the breed and support its members. It promotes the health and welfare of this breed through active sub committees with dedicated rehoming and health coordinators. It is the longest established UK club serving the breed. The association holds various shows and working events, which are an ideal opportunity to meet other Wire owners. Being a member of the HWVA allows you to enter all of their events for a reduced fee. There is a twice-yearly publication called “Hot Wires” which is full of information about Wires, from owning them as a pet to showing, working and agility. It includes fun pages and features interesting articles about the breed and your committee. On our website you will find all the latest news and items of interest including:
- News items, including relevant information from organisations such as the Kennel Club
- Information on forthcoming and previous HWVA organised and “Wire related events”
- Information on the club, the committee and it’s activities
- Information on the breed
- Photos (which we encourage you to send for inclusion)
and lots more…. Your friendly committee are dedicated to supporting and promoting the breed, its health and welfare and club members. Your support helps us work for the breed.
Members will receive two copies of Hot Wires per year, the publication of the HWVA.
Anyone with articles they feel would be of interest to the membership is invited to send them here. Articles can be sent in any time and every effort will be made to post them in the following edition as appropriate.
The dates for submission for the Summer issue is May and for the Winter issue is October.
- The Club has well over 300 memberships
- The Club was formed in 1996
- The Club has a rescue facility for HWVs
- The Club also has a number of overseas members
- Joint Membership £10.00
- Single Membership £7.00
- Junior Membership £4.00
- Joint Membership £13.00
- Single Membership £10.00
If you would like to set up your own Standing Order here are the bank details: Nat West Bank, Account Number 14519003, Sort Code 01-01-94 Alternatively there is a link to a Standing Order Mandate below.